Bacon-Cheddar Slab Quiche
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
Slab quiche is our new favourite way to make eggs for a crowd! These sheet-pan eggs have a rich and velvety filling full of bacon, cheddar and green onions. Bonus: it takes just 20 minutes to prep.
- 1 box (400 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts (2 count), softened as directed on box
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 450°F (230°C). Spray bottom and sides of 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. Remove pie crusts from pouches. On lightly floured surface, unroll and stack crusts one on top of the other. Roll to 17x12-inch rectangle.
- Fit crust into pan, pressing firmly into corners and sides. Fold extra crust up and over edges of pan. Seal any tears in crust. Bake 6 minutes; remove from oven, and cool 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F (190°C).
- In large bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper with whisk. Sprinkle bacon, green onions and cheeses on top of pie crust. Carefully pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean and crust is light golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Sheet pan will be very full of egg mixture, so take care when transferring to oven.
- Serve with a side of fresh fruit for a complete brunch.