Asparagus and Turkey Pie
Prep Time: 35 min
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
Crescent rolls create an easy, tasty crust for this pretty brunch or supper dish.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 bag (300 g) frozen asparagus cuts, thawed, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion in butter, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in flour; cook until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Gradually add half-and-half, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, until thick. Remove from heat; stir in turkey, asparagus, mushrooms and wine.
- Separate dough into 8 triangles. Place dough in ungreased 9-inch pie plate in spoke pattern, with narrow tips overlapping rim of plate about 3 inches (see photo). Press dough in side and bottom to form crust. Spoon turkey mixture evenly over dough. Bring tips of dough over filling to meet in center; do not overlap.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish as desired.
- If substituting chicken broth for wine, omit the salt.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cut asparagus can be substituted for the frozen.