- 2 cans (540 mL) apple pie filling
- 3 1/2 cups frozen sliced strawberries or frozen whole strawberries (partially thawed and cut into pieces)
- 1 roll Pillsbury™ refrigerated Sugar Cookie dough
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Ice cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). In ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, mix pie filling and strawberries.
- In medium bowl, break up cookie dough. Add oats; mix well. Crumble mixture evenly over fruit mixture. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over top.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool slightly before serving, about 45 minutes. Serve with ice cream.
- Cookie dough isn’t only for cookies; it makes a great topping for your cobblers or crisps!
- Old-fashioned oats can be used in the topping mixture, but it will have a coarser, more crumbly texture.