- 1 tablespoon butter or margarin
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (1 1/2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 6 craft sticks (flat wooden sticks with round ends)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Glaze, if desired
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- In 8-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add apples and lemon juice; cook, stirring occasionally, until apples are almost tender. Stir in 1/4 cup caramel topping; continue cooking until sauce is thick and coats apples. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 400°F. Unroll pie crust onto cutting board. Using 3-inch round cutter, cut out 12 rounds. Place 6 rounds on ungreased baking sheet. Spoon fruit mixture evenly onto each round to within 1/2 inch of edge. Place 1 craft stick in each filling.
- Flatten remaining rounds until 4 inches in diameter. Brush underside of each round with egg white; place over fruit. Press edges together; seal with fork. Cut small slit in top crusts to vent steam. Brush tops with remaining egg white. In another small bowl, mix 1 teaspoon sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle over tops.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from baking sheet to cooling rack; cool at least 10 minutes before serving. If desired, in small bowl mix glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle with glaze.