- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sugar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- 3 cups (750 mL) thinly sliced, peeled tart apples
- 3 cups (750 mL) thinly sliced, peeled ripe pears
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) cold butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coarsely chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gently stir in apples, pears and dried cranberries. Pour filling into crust-lined pie plate.
- In small bowl, mix topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over filling.
- Line 15x10-inch pan with foil; place on oven rack below the rack pie will be baked on to catch any drips. Loosely cover pie with sheet of foil; bake 1 hour. Remove foil; bake 10 minutes longer or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour, before serving.
- Ripe Anjou or Bosc pears work well for pies. Choose fruit that is fragrant and slightly soft to the touch.
- This pie is delicious served warm, with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, and drizzled with caramel sauce.