Apple Harvest Pockets
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 45 min
Experience the classic flavours of fall in a simple recipe using ingredients you have on hand. Apple pie pockets are handheld and perfect for on-the-go snacking. These fold-over-style apple pockets are delicious warm or cool.
- 1 box (400 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts (2 count), softened as directed on box
- 2 cups diced peeled apples
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400°F (200°C). Unroll pie crusts on work surface. Cut each crust into quarters, making 8 wedges.
- Mix apples, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Top half of each crust wedge with 1/3 cup apple mixture. Fold untopped sides of wedges over filling. With fork, press edges to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Cut several small slits in top of each to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm or cool.
- One can (540 mL) of apple pie filling can be used in place of the apples, sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- For a special touch, brush water or egg white over tops of unbaked pockets and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon-sugar. Bake as directed.