Apple Cream Pie
Prep Time: 35 min
Total Time: 2 hr 25 min
A bit of whipping cream adds a touch of richness to a classic apple pie made easy with unroll-and-fill refrigerated pie crust.
- 1 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 6 cups (1.5 L) thinly sliced peeled apples (about 6 medium)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) coarse sugar
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In large bowl, mix granulated sugar, flour and cinnamon; gently stir in apples. In small bowl, mix whipping cream and vanilla. Pour over apple mixture; stir gently to mix well. Spoon into crust-lined pan.
- Top with second pie crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust. Brush top with egg white; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Cover edge of pastry with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil for last 15 minutes of baking. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cool 1 hour.