- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 small cored, thinly sliced apples
- 1 package (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (5 count) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls With Icing
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with shortening or cooking spray. In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add apples; cook 10 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened and beginning to brown. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in large microwavable bowl, microwave cream cheese and icing sugar uncovered on High 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds, until softened. Stir until smooth, then slowly stir in milk. Stir in apple mixture.
- Separate dough into 5 rolls; return icing to refrigerator. Cut each cinnamon roll into 6 pieces, and stir into apple mixture. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 26 to 32 minutes or until bubbling around edges and dough is baked through. Let stand 10 minutes. Transfer icing to quart-sized resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut 1 corner with kitchen scissors, and drizzle over mixture.
- You'll need about 6 cups of sliced apples for this recipe. If your apples are large, you'll probably need 4 or 5 apples.
- No need to peel the apples for this baked beauty--besides cutting down on prep time and adding nutritional value, the peel also gives the dish structure.