Air Fryer Snickerdoodles
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 45 min
What do you get when you roll sugar cookie dough in a cinnamon-sugar mixture? Snickerdoodles of course! Using Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough and your air fryer makes it easier than ever!
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 of 1 roll (468 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough
- Line inside of air fryer basket with foil as follows: Turn basket of 3.7-quart air fryer over to shape piece of foil around basket bottom, then remove. Fold edges of foil to make 8-inch (20 cm) round. Place inside bottom of air fryer basket, shiny side up; flatten evenly.
- In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Cut 1/4 of cookie dough from wrapper; wrap remaining dough with plastic film and refrigerate for another use. Cut cookie dough into 1/2-inch (1 cm) slices; shape into 4 (1 1/2-inch/4 cm) balls; roll in cinnamon sugar. Flatten each ball in palm of hand to about 2-inch (5 cm) circle; place on foil in air fryer basket, spacing evenly apart. Discard any remaining cinnamon sugar after rolling balls.
- Set air fryer to 300°F; cook 13 to 14 minutes or until edges are set (centres will be soft). Remove basket; let cookies stand in basket 5 minutes. Carefully remove cookies on foil from basket to cooling rack, using spatula to help lift foil out of basket if needed. Cool 15 minutes on foil before removing.
- Air fryer temperature control settings vary according to brand and model. If your air fryer does not have the exact temperature setting called for in the recipe, consult your manual for suggested temperature settings.
- Our recipes do not call for preheating your air fryer. Just set the temperature, and start. Never preheat with foil alone. For best results with this recipe, be sure to follow the steps on lining the air fryer basket. Air fryers have strong fans that can cause excess foil to fall and cover cookies, preventing them from cooking.
- For best results, cook one batch of cookies at a time. If you want more cookies, just double or triple the recipe’s ingredients, and be sure to follow the cooking and cooling steps as outlined. We tested this recipe in a 3.7-quart air fryer. If using a larger air fryer, such as a 6-quart size, you may be able to fit more of the cookies in the air fryer basket. Be sure to evenly space them apart on foil so they have enough room to spread while cooking.
- Air fryer cookies need to cool on the foil in order to set up properly, so be sure to follow the cooling steps as outlined in the recipe. If you can’t wait, cookies can also be enjoyed warm.