Air Fryer Crescent Quesadilla Pockets
Pillsbury™ Crescents, chunky black bean and corn salsa and shredded cheese are all you need to whip up a batch of quesadillas using your air fryer! Try different types of chunky salsa and shredded cheese to create new flavour combos your whole family is going to love!
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) black bean and corn salsa (or any variety chunky-style salsa)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded cheddar Jack cheese
- 1 can (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- Cut two 8-inch (20 cm) rounds of cooking parchment paper. Place one round in bottom of air fryer basket. Spray with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix salsa and 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the shredded cheese.
- Separate dough into 4 rectangles; reshape each rectangle to form 6x4-inch (15x10 cm) rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons (45 mL) of the salsa mixture onto centre of each rectangle to within 1/2 inch (1 cm) of edges; top each with 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of the remaining cheese. Fold dough in half from top over filling; firmly press around edges with fork to completely seal. Place two filled crescents on parchment in air fryer basket, spacing apart.
- Set air fryer to 325°F; bake 8 to 10 minutes or until deep golden brown on top and sturdy enough to turn. Using tongs or spatula, carefully turn over crescents, and bake 3 to 6 minutes longer or until dough is baked through and deep golden brown. Remove from air fryer; cover loosely with foil to keep warm while baking second batch. Repeat for remaining filled crescents, and place on remaining parchment round in basket of air fryer. Bake as directed above. To serve, cut in half diagonally.
- Not sure how to make quesadillas in an air fryer? Our recipes do not call for preheating your air fryer. Just set the temperature, and start. Never preheat with parchment paper alone. Air fryers vary in size and settings. If using a larger air fryer, such as 7-quart size, you may be able to fit all crescent quesadillas into one batch for baking. Be sure to bake them in a single layer, spacing them apart, and with enough room to turn them over.
- Air fryer temperature control settings vary according to brand and model. If your air fryer does not have the exact temperature setting called for in the recipe, consult your manual for suggested temperature settings.
- Be sure to get a good seal on all edges of your crescent dough to ensure all the delicious filling stays inside during baking. We suggest using a thick and chunky salsa for the best results.
- Serve with additional salsa, sour cream and sliced green onions, if desired.