Air Fryer Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Wouldn’t it be great if you only wanted a few freshly baked cookies to be able to bake them fresh and fast without turning on your oven? With an air fryer and Pillsbury™ Ready To Bake!™ Chocolate Chip Cookies you can! This recipe also adds an extra caramel-chocolate treat to the top of the cookies as soon as they finish baking.
- 5 cookie dough rounds from 1 package (454 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Ready To Bake!™ Chocolate Chip Cookies (24 count)
- 5 Rolo® chewy caramels wrapped in rich chocolate candy, unwrapped
- Line inside of air fryer basket with foil as follows: Turn basket of 3.7-quart air fryer over to shape piece of foil around basket bottom, then remove. Fold edges of foil to make 8-inch round. Place inside bottom of air fryer basket, shiny side up; flatten evenly.
- Remove 5 cookie dough rounds from package; refrigerate remaining cookie dough rounds for another use. Flatten each cookie dough round in palm of hand to about 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) circle; place on foil in air fryer basket, spacing evenly apart around outer edge.
- Set air fryer to 300°F; cook 13 to 14 minutes or until edges are set (centres will be soft). Remove basket; place 1 candy in centre of each cookie. Let cookies stand in basket 5 minutes. Carefully remove cookies on foil from basket to cooling rack, using spatula to help lift foil out of basket if needed. Cool 15 minutes on foil before removing.
- Air fryer temperature control settings vary according to brand and model. If your air fryer does not have the exact temperature setting called for in the recipe, consult your manual for suggested temperature settings.
- Our recipes do not call for preheating your air fryer. Just set the temperature, and start. Never preheat with foil alone. For this cookie recipe, be sure to closely follow the steps on lining the air fryer basket. Air fryers have strong fans that can cause excess foil to fall and cover cookies, preventing them from cooking.
- For best results, cook one batch of cookies at a time. If you want more cookies, just double or triple the recipe’s ingredients, and be sure to follow the cooking and cooling steps as outlined in the recipe for the best results.
- We tested this recipe in a 3.7-quart air fryer. If using a larger air fryer, such as a 6-quart size, you may be able to fit more of the cookies in the air fryer basket. Be sure to space them apart around the outer edge of the foil so they have enough room to spread while cooking.
- Cookies need to cool on the foil in order to set up properly, so be sure to follow the cooling steps as outlined in the recipe. If you can’t wait, cookies can also be enjoyed warm.
- Give your cookies a nutty twist by placing a pecan half on top of the melted chocolate candy.