3-Ingredient Sausage-Cream Cheese Crescent Bundles
Each little bite is packed with flavour in these 3-ingredient sausage appetizers. Pillsbury™ Crescents are filled with hot pork sausage and jalapeño cream cheese spread, making these sausage cream cheese bites as easy to create as they are delicious to eat. This is one unbeatable appetizer that your family will ask for again and again.
- 1/2 lb (250 g) bulk hot pork sausage
- 1/2 cup jalapeño cream cheese spread (from 277 g container)
- 1 can (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain.
- Unroll dough on work surface. Press into 12x9-inch rectangle. Firmly press perforations to seal. With pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows to make 24 squares.
- Place about 1 rounded teaspoon sausage on centre of each dough square. Top with about 1 teaspoon cream cheese. Bring 4 corners together to overlap slightly in centre at top of each bundle. Twist and pinch to seal, leaving small gaps between seams. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Garnish these sausage bites with a dollop of sour cream and a cilantro sprig.
- Too spicy? Substitute plain cream cheese or garden vegetable cream cheese spread for the spicy jalapeño cream cheese spread.
- If you can't find bulk sausage, you can buy raw sausages, slit the casing with a knife and remove the meat.