3-Ingredient Holiday Thumbprints
Bake up some holiday fun with these 3-Ingredient Thumbprint Cookies. This kid-friendly recipe is a delicious way to make new memories in the kitchen. Use red and green icing for a dash of Christmas flair, and don't be afraid to add your own touch with icing and plenty of sprinkles. These melt-in-your-mouth holiday thumbprint cookies are a tasty tradition and a great way to get on Santa's Nice List.
- 1 roll (468 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pouch (200 g) red or green decorating cookie icing
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line large cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add flour; mix with spoon or hands until well blended. (DO NOT EAT RAW COOKIE DOUGH AFTER COMBINING WITH FLOUR.) Shape dough into 38 (1-inch) balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until edges are set. With handle of wooden spoon, immediately make 1-inch wide indentation in centre of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Pipe red or green decorating cookie icing into centre of each cookie. Store in airtight container.
- For added sparkle, roll cookie dough balls in white crystallized sugar. Bake as directed.
- For a festive holiday cookie plate, fill half of the cookies with green icing and half with red icing.
- Sprinkle tops of cookies with holiday decorating decors or sprinkles.