2-Ingredient Apple Pie Cups
These easy apple pie cups are perfect in every way! Whether you’re looking for a quick dessert to impress or a fun baking activity to do with little ones, apple pie in cinnamon rolls is a great go-to recipe. Using Pillsbury™ Cinnamon Rolls and canned apple pie filling, you'll have delicious 2-Ingredient Apple Pie Cups ready to serve in no time.
- 1 can (351 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Cinnamon Rolls with Icing (8 count)
- 1 1/3 cups apple pie filling (from 540 mL can), coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray 8 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. Separate dough into 8 rolls, and let stand 10 minutes; set icing aside. Place rolls cinnamon side up into muffin cups. Press in bottoms and up sides of cups.
- Spoon 2 generous tablespoons pie filling into each dough-lined cup.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown; cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Using a thin metal spatula, run around edges of rolls to loosen, and remove to serving plate. Transfer icing to small microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on Low (10%) 8 to 10 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle. Place rolls on serving plate; spoon icing over rolls. Serve warm.
- Using scissors is a great way to chop the apple pie filling.
- Use a nonstick muffin pan for easiest removal.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on the finished pie cups for extra flavour.
- If you have leftover apple pie filling, you can use it as an ice cream topping, or mix with prepared quick oats for a sweet twist on breakfast.